Nitaqat system was introduced to get more jobs to Saudi nationals in both private and public sectors. Depending on the Saudi in your organization, your company may get Platinum status Or Green status or Yellow or Red category accroding to the new Nitaqat Program.
It is important to know Iqama color or Nitaqat color of your company/Organization for an expat as it shows the healthiness of the establishment. The Iqama color either red, green or yellow shows the level of Saudization in your organization or establishment.
Nitaqat color status can be checked on the Ministry of Labor website (https:/mol.gov.sa) using either one of the following ID numbers.
- Iqama Number
- Passport Number
- Border Number
How to Check Iqama Color Status (Red, Green, Yellow)
Visit the Ministry of Labor website from the link : https://www.mol.gov.sa/services/inquiry/nonsaudiempinquiry.aspx
Enter the IQAMA NUMBER or BORDER NUMBER or PASSPORT NUMBER in the middle column (as indicated in the screenshot).
Enter the Captcha image code.
Then press the green button below (see above image).
In the next window, you will be able to see the following details:
- Your Full Name
- Work Permit Number
- Employment Status (Currently working or absent from work)
- Iqama Color Status
- Establishment / Company Legal Status
What is the meaning of Iqama Color/Nitaqat?
In 2011, the Saudi Ministry of Labor (MOL) introduced the new Nitaqat Law for Saudization. The purpose of the law is to provide employment opportunities to Saudi nationals ahead of foreign expatriates.
- A company in Green means that it has a high Saudization rate.
- The requirement of Saudization varies from industry to industry
Green Nitaqat status means that;
- Visa processing for foreign workers will be easier.
- If some employee is in the Red category, an employer with the Green category will be able to transfer their sponsorship without permission of their Kafeel.
- They can change the profession of their employees.
- They can renew the Iqama of their employees three months before the expiry.
The Ministry of Labor of Saudi Arabia has issued an order to abolish the “Yellow” category in the Nitaqat program. All entities falling under the Yellow nitaqat category have moved to the “Red category” on Jan 26, 2020.
While checking the Iqama color (red/green/yellow) if you find out that your employer is in the red category of Nitaqat, it means that;
- They cannot get new visas for new foreign employees
- They cannot transfer sponsorship from other sponsors.
- If their employee wants to go to some company with Green status, they cannot stop him from doing so.
- They cannot renew iqamas of their employees.
- They cannot change the profession of their employees
- Finally, they cannot open new branches.
Iqama Status Red/Green moi.gov.sa
A large number of expatriates search if they can check their iqama status i.e. red/green on the moi.gov.sa website. It is important to note that the Iqama color status (red/green) can only be checked at the Ministry of Labor website and the moi.gov.sa does not have this utility. For more latest expats updates, please join us on Facebook or Twitter.